ALAN R. BONEBRAKE, D.C., M.S.
630C North Central Expressway
Plano, Texas 75074
- B.G.S., Wichita State University, with honors, 1976
- D.C., Palmer College of Chiropractic, cum laude, 1980
- M.S., Biology, Emphasizing Human Nutrition, University of Bridgeport, cum laude, 1985
- Master Herbologist, Emerson College of Herbology, Montreal, 1985
Externship at Palmer College of Chiropractic, 1979-1980
- Wichita, Kansas, 1980-1990
- Blackwell, Oklahoma, 1991-94
- Dallas, Texas, 1995-present
- Paid Sports Team Chiropractor, Advisor and Consultant
- Board Qualified Chiropractic Orthopedist.
- Collision Reconstruction for the Medical Practitioner, 1999
- Academy of Diagnostic Physicians, DACIT (Personal Injury and Spinal Trauma), 1997.
- Designated Doctor, Texas Worker’s Compensation Commission, 1996-1999
- Fellow, Academy of Diagnostic Physicians, 1996.
- Casualty Claim Law Associate, American Educational Institute, 1996. The only Physician of any
- kind ever to receive this designation.
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia, University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic and
- Physicians Academy, School of Advanced Diagnostic and Clinical Procedures, 1996
- Hospital Protocols and Manipulation Under Anesthesia, Physicians Academy, School of
- Advanced Diagnostic and Clinical Procedures, 1996
- Operating Room Procedures, The Center For Diagnostic Medical Services, Inc., 1996
- Designated Radiation Safety Officer, Texas Department of Health, Bureau of Radiation Control,
- Fellow, International Academy of Clinical Acupuncture, 1985
- Diplomate, National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, 1980
Professional Licenses (Current):
National Institute of Clinical Acupuncture, 1986-1990
Prairie Village Merchant’s Association, 1983-1987
Longhorn Council, Troop 1171:
Public Relations Chair 2008-present
Secretary, Sedgwick County (KS) Chiropractic Association, 1983-1985
Membership Chairman, Blackbear District, Boy Scouts of America, 1982-1985
Member (Past and/or Present)
- American College of Sports Medicine
- International Academy of Nutrition and Preventive Medicine
- Texas Chiropractic Association
- Wichita State University Athletic Association
- Wichita State University Alumni Association
- Palmer College of Chiropractic Alumni Association
- Emerson College Research Council on Botanic Medicine
- Former Member
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Council on Neurology of the American Chiropractic Association
- Professional Honors
- President, Texas Chiropractic Association, District 5, 1999-2003
- Examiner, National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, 1996-1999
- Board of Directors, Dallas County Chiropractic Association
- Certified and Commissioned State Licensing Examination Proctor, State of Texas and Texas
- Board of Chiropractic Examiners, 1996
- Who’s Who in the Midwest, 1990-1991
- Who’s Who in the World, 10th ed.
- Outstanding Young Man in America, 1986
- Member of the first delegation of American Acupuncturists to be formally invited by the Chinese
- Government for an exchange of treatment ideologies, 1985.
- Eagle Scout, 1968
- Order of the Arrow, 1967
- Wichita Wings, Professional Indoor Soccer Club, 4 years
- Wichita Blue Angels, Professional Outdoor Soccer Club, 3 years
- Wichita Wind, Semi-Professional Hockey Club, 2 years
- Only Chiropractor to ever serve as on-field Physician for any professional team:
- Mexico Toros vs. Dallas Sidekicks, last regular season meeting 1995. Two weeks later, the Toros
- flew Dr. Bonebrake to Mexico City to treat the entire team, coaching staff and trainer.
- Indiana Twisters vs. Dallas Sidekicks, June 22, 1997.
- Sole chiropractor asked to treat athletes in May 30, 1997 “NFL’s Run for Daylight/NFL’s Fastest
- Man Competition”, Richardson, Texas
- Has treated more than 13 Professional Sport Team members:
- Oakland Raiders’ Training Camp 1997
- Argentinean National Soccer Team prior to their 2nd place in the World Cup, 1999
- Mexico Meave Professional Indoor Soccer Club, 1999
- Houston Hotshots Soccer
- San Diego Soccer
- Kansas City Comets Soccer
- Plus several other individual pro football, soccer and basketball athletes
Advisor and Consultant
- To Your Health Liquid Nutriceuticals, 2005-Present
- Morinda, Inc. 2005-present
- Scientific and Medical Advisory Board, Equinox International, 1996-present
- Darry Thornton, IFBB 3rd Mr. Universe 1993, 4th North American Championships (after 2 year
- Schliebe International Workout and Aerobics, 1987-1995
- Wichita Swim Club, 2 years
- Consultant and Diagnostic Test Interpretation
VTC Testing centers of Collin County, Addison, and East Fort Worth, Texas, 1995-1997
Consultant, Lecturer and Technical Writer
USA Vision of Hope, Dallas, Texas (Neutriceuticals) 1997-1998
Innovative Wellness Systems, Inc., Dallas, Texas (Neutriceuticals) 1995-1996
Have been a lecturer for several seminar and information disseminating functions. A few of these
Bookstop, Mesquite, Texas, 1997
Barnes and Noble Bookstores, Dallas and Richardson, Texas, 1997
Whole Foods Market, Dallas and Richardson, Texas, 1997
- “Acupressure-Help Yourself”
- “Bad and Good Weight Loss”
- “Getting Fit in the Shortest Period of Time”
- “How to Conquer Chronic Fatigue, Depression, and Lack of Energy”
- “How Vitamins are Killing You”
- “Overlooked Causes and Solutions for Stress”
- “PMS can be Brought Under Control!”
- Texas Workers Compensation Insurance Fund seminar on Efficacy of Current Treatments
- available for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome on the topic of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Dallas, Texas, September 19, 1996.
- Professional Court Reporting School, Richardson, Texas, August, 1996 and June, 1997
Medical Anatomy and Physiology
- Kansas Chiropractic Association on Treatment and Rehabilitation Techniques for the Upper
- Extremities, November, 1988.
- Traditional Healing Methods Currently used in National Hospitals in Mainland China,
- Shriners Club, Wichita, Kansas, February, 1986.
- Receptor Tonus Technique of Manual Myofascial Therapy, 1984-1985 in Chicago, Illinois,
- Colorado Springs, Colorado, and St. Louis, Missouri.
Wichita State University, Senior Letterman, Track and Field, 1976
State of Kansas, University and College Division Decathlon Record Holder, 1974
Junior College Division Decathlon Record Holder (also National), 1973
Texas College of Chiropractic, Postgraduate
Authorized Instructor of the Receptor Tonus Method of Myofascial Therapy
University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, Postgraduate
Physician’s Academy, School of Advanced Diagnostic and Clinical Procedures
Has been a guest lecturer at Parker College of Chiropractic and Physician’s Academy, on the topic of Proper Testimony Procedures in deposition
Adjunct Professor, Professional Court Reporting School, Richardson, Texas, 1997.
Featured multiple times over the years in interviews covering Chiropractic, Acupuncture,
Nutrition, and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- The Dr. Alan Bonebrake Show, KWRD 100.7, Dallas, Texas, Weekly Saturdays, 2001-2005,
- 2008, 2010-Present
- The Dr. Alan Bonebrake Show, CNN 1190, Dallas, Texas, Weekly Satrudays, 2008
- The Dr. Alan Bonebrake Show KLIF 570, Dallas, Texas, Weekly Saturdays, 2007-2008
- Weekend Magazine, KRLD 1080, Dallas, Texas, Weekly Saturdays, 2005-2007
- “On The Line”, featuring Alan Bonebrake, D.C., Moderated by Craig Ortwein, KOKB radio,
- Blackwell-Ponca City, 1993-1994.
- Repeat guest on “Your Health Matters” with Doug Coughman, a nationally syndicated nutritional
- health call-in show.
Texas Chiropractic Association Journal, 1995
“A Study of Several Performance Measures of Workers with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome”,
Proceedings of the Human Factors Society 33rd Annual Meeting, pp. 728-732, 1989, (J.E.
Fernandez, D.E. Malzahn, R.J. Marley, and A.R. Bonebrake).
“A Treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Evaluation of Objective and Subjective Measures”,
Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, November/December 1990, 13(9), pp.
507-520, (A.R. Bonebrake, J.E. Fernandez, R.J. Marley, J. Dahalan, K.J.Kilmer).
“A Treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Results of a Follow-up Study”, Journal of
Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, March/April, 1993, 16(3), pp. 125-139,
(A.R.Bonebrake, J.E. Fernandez, J. Dahalan, R.J. Marley).
“Letter to the Editor: Reply”, Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, October
1994, 17(8), pp. 565-567, (A.R. Bonebrake).
“Understanding Carpal Tunnel Syndrome”, Journal of the Texas Chiropractic Association,
November 1995, pp. 29-34, (A.R.Bonebrake).
“Health Care Reform ’94: Oklahoma Perspectives, National Alternatives”, Joint Chiropractic
Association Capitol Bulletin, May 1994, pp.8-9, (A.R. Bonebrake).
“Acupoint Stimulation Methods”, The American Chiropractor, January 1985, pp. 32,34-35, (A.R.
“Proper Record-Keeping in the Chiropractic Practice (The Chiropractic Profession is not the only
Profession Being Cut By the Insurance Companies)”, Part One of seven, The American
Chiropractor, March/April, 1996, pp. 20-21,50, (D. Martinez, A. Bonebrake).
“Pre-existing conditions, and how the insurance companies undermine patient care (Getting Paid
on Pre-existing Conditions)”, Part Two of Seven, The American Chiropractor, May/June, 1996,
pp. 14-18, (D. Martinez, A. Bonebrake).
“Narrative Report-Writing for Personal Injury Cases”, Texas Journal of Chiropractic, September,
1996, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 26-31, (L. Parks, A. Bonebrake)
Sole Chiropractor to have presentation accepted at the 1985 annual meeting of the American
College of Sports Medicine: Abstract: “Joint Fusion Rehabilitation in Humans”, Medicine and
Science In Sports and Exercise, Vol 17, no. 2, April 1985, p. 230, #23.